This post will contain directions on how to fold napkins for the Christmas Table.
One of my most popular post of 2018 was the Christmas Tree Napkin Fold. I’m bringing it back along with directions for folding your napkin like a Simple Chistmas bow.
How to Fold Napkins for the Christmas Table
Show your napkin folding prowess this Christmas by folding your napkin like an elegant Christmas Bow or Christmas Tree. Better yet, why not use both on your table; just use matching napkins to tie the look together.
Here are the step by step directions for folding the Christmas Napkin in a Bow Shape.
- Bring two corners together to make a large triangle.
- Fold the point of the napkin in two the center of the napkin.
- Fold the other side into toward using two folds to reach the middle.
- Now fold the first side over the top of the two folds.
- Fold each end in toward the middle at an angle (as pictured)
- Turn the napkin over, and scrunch in the middle
- Squeeze your napkin ring, or a ribbon around the all the folds and fluff.
Step One: Christmas Napkin Bow Fold
Step Two: Christmas Napkin Bow Fold
Step Three: Christmas Napkin Bow Fold
Step Four: Christmas Bow Napkin Fold
Step Five: Christmas Bow Napkin Fold
Step Six: Christmas Bow Napkin Fold
Step Seven: Christmas Bow Napkin Fold
The vintage milk glass dinner plate I used has a gold wreath motif, so I placed my bow at the top of the wreath. However, it would look great in the middle of your dinner plate as well.
Incase you need a refresher, here are the simple steps for the Christmas Tree fold.
Steps to Achieve the Christmas Tree Fold:
- A. Fold your napkin into a square and B. turn the napkin at an angle with folded corner toward the top and the loose folds toward the bottom.
- Fold the loose folds toward the top one at a time leaving about an inch between each edge.
- Flip the napkin over, with the top corner now toward the bottom.
- Fold the two sides to the center making a point at the top.
- Flip the napkin back over and fold the layers under.
Christmas Tree Fold: Step One A & B
Christmas Tree Fold: Step Two
Christmas Tree Fold: Step Three
Christmas Tree Fold: Step Four
Christmas Tree Fold: Step Five
The Christmas Tree fold is such a simple way to add some fun to your table. Remember, it works just as well with paper napkins.
I would love to see your photo if you try this! You can use #southernnellnapkinfold for Instagram, or just add a photo to your comment here or on my Facebook Business Page which will have this post linked! Start folding and sharing.